Reps. Tom McClintock and Mario Diaz-Balart have introduced H.R. 2, the Secure the Border Act. This legislation, if passed, would help to end the crisis at the U.S. – Mexico border. This legislation would:
- plug the loopholes in our asylum system that are exploited by illegal economic migrants, restoring its integrity and protecting it for legitimate asylum seekers;
- block the government from continuing its policies of catch-and-release, thus deterring future waves of illegal migrants;
- put a stop to the surges of family units and unaccompanied alien children, protecting them from exploitation and victimization by the cartels and traffickers;
- put teeth into efforts to deter visa overstays;
- rein in the breathtaking and illegal abuse of parole; and
- institute mandatory nationwide E-Verify, which would shut off the “jobs magnet” for illegal immigration while protecting jobs for American workers.
As you can see, H.R. 2 is an incredibly important piece of legislation that would help to end the crisis at the U.S. – Mexico border. Please support it and do all you can to get it passed and signed into law.
Greg Raven, Apple Valley, CA
P.S. Secure our borders. Stop the influx of immigrants and refugees. Evict those here illegally. End chain migration. End birthright citizenship. Make E-Verify mandatory.