I am writing to urge you NOT to sign SB 822 into law. It is not net neutrality. It is Fake Net Neutrality.
Five things you need to know about Fake Net Neutrality:
- Fake Net Neutrality doesn’t apply to Google, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Fake Net Neutrality allows for online censorship and less transparency.
- Fake Net Neutrality was a result of Google’s cozy relationship with Obama.
- Fake Net Neutrality ignores the near-monopoly power of Google, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Signing SB 822 undermines any chance of real net neutrality protections.
- In my humble opinion, SB 822 is an attempt to demonize the very businesses that enable us to have working Internet in the first place, while enabling widespread tyranny, censorship, and interference in our political process at the hands of the of big tech companies such as Facebook, Google, and Twitter, who practice anything but neutrality.
Greg Raven, Apple Valley, CA