Representative Paul Cook:
Rep. Sam Graves just introduced the SAVE Act, H.R. 830. Please get in touch with his office so you can become a cosponsor and help make sure that illegal aliens can’t take U.S. jobs.
The SAVE Act, among its many provisions, would:
- require all employers to run their current and future employees through the E-Verify employment verification system;
- require the Commissioner of Social Security to notify each individual if earnings from two or more employers are being reported under that person’s Social Security number;
- require a national strategy to secure the borders and all ports of entry;
- direct the DHS and Department of Defense (DoD) to establish a program for recruiting former members of the Armed Services and National Guard to join the Border Protection Service. Specifically recommends a $20,000 ($80,000 throughout employment) student loan repayment incentive and relocation/retention bonuses;
- allow border state Governors to declare a national border emergency and request up to 1000 additional border agents; and
- strengthen penalties against alien smugglers including imprisonment from 1 to 30 years depending on the type of offense.
What about this bill is there not to like? It would prevent employers from hiring illegal aliens (thereby putting jobless Americans back to work) and it would actively secure the border so that new illegal aliens could not enter the country. While it would not solve America’s illegal immigration problem, it would certainly go a long way in doing so.
I hope you will consider supporting H.R. 830, the SAVE Act, and prove you care about putting Americans back to work and securing the border.
Phone me if you would like to talk about this,
Mr. Greg Raven